Club Rules, Constitution and Regulations
- All players must report to the starter no later
than ten (10) minutes prior to the start of play.
- Penalty of one (1) stroke.
- Relief may be obtained when an extending tree
root threatens to damage a players club.
- Relief is not available if the ball is at the
base of a tree and the repositioning of the ball improves its line of
- Only the player’s maker is to rule on this and
the ball is to be repositioned by the marker.
- Thirty (30) cm preferred lie on the fairway
only. Ball is to be played where it lies when in the rough except as in
the rule concerning Tree Roots (Part 2) above.
- A ball deemed to be lost whether in a hazard or
elsewhere, except out of bounds, may be replaced and played from the
position estimated by the marker to be a fair position with a penalty of
one (1) stroke.
OUT OF BOUNDS
- Provision exists for a provisional ball to be hit
if a player believes he may have hit a ball out of bounds. If this is not
played and a player finds that his ball has gone out of bounds he may:
- Return to the position from which the ball was
last played and play it again with a one (1) stroke penalty, or ;
- Take a drop within two (2) club lengths of the
point of entry to the out of bounds area with a two (2) stroke penalty.
- Displayed “Local Rules”, at the course, are to be
observed subject to confirmation by the Club Captain or acting starter.
TIED SCORES IN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- A sudden death play off is to take place
beginning at a hole determined by the Club Captain on the day.
• There are to be no “Gimmees”,
all putts must be completed. (added 17 Mar 08)
- When the best ball has been chosen it may be
marked and lifted.
- Each player may place his/her ball within one (1)
club length of the mark.
- The club length is not to be used to obtain
relief from hazards or rough.
- On the green any player may elect to putt out
without marking the ball. If missed this putt counts against the team.
- It is the responsibility of the lowest marker to
ensure that his/her group DOES NOT fall further than one (1)
fairway behind the group in front. A one stroke Penalty
member who has a current handicap, earned from playing with Gwandalan BC
Social Golf club, is entitled to play in either the Singles or Pairs
For more information on Championships see Club Regulations.